Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Lament Of the Elms

Lament Of The Elms

Stately giants stood here
Watching over us all
Now they're gone
For they must fall
I remember being small
Standing at their feet
Gazing up at them
Wondering if I would ever be that tall
Now the plague has killed them all
Ev'ry silent elm will fall

Sing with me, sing their quiet song
They have been gone for so long
Sing with me, for those who are gone
Lament for the elms

They stood and comforted us
They sang us to sleep at night
They held us up as we stumbled
Helped us see the light
I remember being small
Looking up to their kind branches
Wondering why they were so tall
Now i wonder why they had to fall
Ev'ry silent elm will fall

Sing with me, sing their quiet song
They have been gone for so long
Sing with me, for those who are gone
Lament for the elms

Sing their quiet song with me
A requiem for giant trees
Those who stood here for so long
Now I lament for those who are gone
Singing a lament for the elms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home