Fester
Fester
You hold your head so high
And smile, or else hide behind an airy gesture
The way I do
And it's so insidious, the blisters on your heart,
That you never gave the chance to heal, so afraid they would grow worse
Or maybe they weren't really that bad, you thought
As your eyes filled with tears that you choked back
Like they would burn your flesh
You finally fell apart
Crashed and burned, the fallout showing no mercy
And you swore you wanted it to end, the way just seemed so easy
The path so quick, so sudden, so dark
You made me promise not to tell them anything
And I didn't know what to say
To lose you would be Hell
But I couldn't bear your pain and scorn,
So I ranted and sobbed
And you swore you'd let me say goodbye
I told you that there didn't have to be goodbye
There is still a light at the end of the tunnel
It'll be okay.
And you wept in my arms, telling me you didn't want me to cry
But I only cried harder, knowing that
Someone found out, and you raged at me
Thinking I'd told them, until you discovered that it wasn't me
I don't know what's going to happen now
I don't know if you'll sink deeper
Or hold on
I think it'll be okay
But still I think about losing you
And the fear and pain come back
Digging slow and anxious tunnels through the flesh around my heart
Hold on, querida
I'll be there for you
Take my hand, take anyone's hand, and just hold on
Please
You hold your head so high
And smile, or else hide behind an airy gesture
The way I do
And it's so insidious, the blisters on your heart,
That you never gave the chance to heal, so afraid they would grow worse
Or maybe they weren't really that bad, you thought
As your eyes filled with tears that you choked back
Like they would burn your flesh
You finally fell apart
Crashed and burned, the fallout showing no mercy
And you swore you wanted it to end, the way just seemed so easy
The path so quick, so sudden, so dark
You made me promise not to tell them anything
And I didn't know what to say
To lose you would be Hell
But I couldn't bear your pain and scorn,
So I ranted and sobbed
And you swore you'd let me say goodbye
I told you that there didn't have to be goodbye
There is still a light at the end of the tunnel
It'll be okay.
And you wept in my arms, telling me you didn't want me to cry
But I only cried harder, knowing that
Someone found out, and you raged at me
Thinking I'd told them, until you discovered that it wasn't me
I don't know what's going to happen now
I don't know if you'll sink deeper
Or hold on
I think it'll be okay
But still I think about losing you
And the fear and pain come back
Digging slow and anxious tunnels through the flesh around my heart
Hold on, querida
I'll be there for you
Take my hand, take anyone's hand, and just hold on
Please


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home