Crying Home
Crying Home
I sat on the platform, staring at my hands
And I wondered why I was there at all
Why I went through the motions at all
And I cried
I slumped, dejected, in the seat by the window
My voice cracked and broken in my throat
Atrophied from lack of use
And I cried
I leaned my forehead against the dirty glass
Gazing at the lights of the tunnel
So many forgotten eyes have done the same
And I cried
I thought about the people I've known, swept away
By time, by chance, by life
The life I wish was simpler
And I cried
I thought all the things I've never said
Loves, lies, pains, hopes, hidden by my voice
Cowering in my throat, unheard and unseen
And I cried
I thought about the half-written songs I didn't sing
Because my heart was out of tune
My voice still dead and empty
And I cried
I got off the train, fumbling in my pocket for the ticket
And I wandered slowly home
In the semi-darkness, wiping my eyes in a bitter attempt to hide my tears
And I cried
I sat on the platform, staring at my hands
And I wondered why I was there at all
Why I went through the motions at all
And I cried
I slumped, dejected, in the seat by the window
My voice cracked and broken in my throat
Atrophied from lack of use
And I cried
I leaned my forehead against the dirty glass
Gazing at the lights of the tunnel
So many forgotten eyes have done the same
And I cried
I thought about the people I've known, swept away
By time, by chance, by life
The life I wish was simpler
And I cried
I thought all the things I've never said
Loves, lies, pains, hopes, hidden by my voice
Cowering in my throat, unheard and unseen
And I cried
I thought about the half-written songs I didn't sing
Because my heart was out of tune
My voice still dead and empty
And I cried
I got off the train, fumbling in my pocket for the ticket
And I wandered slowly home
In the semi-darkness, wiping my eyes in a bitter attempt to hide my tears
And I cried


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home