Little Boy
Little Boy
I've walked a lot of roads
These last few years I've been around
And I wrote a lot of songs
About when it all came tumbling down
I swaggered through another day
And fooled another callous eye
Knowing every step I took was another death I'd die
When it got dark, and I was left alone
Wondering when I could go home
And fall asleep just to forget
Fall asleep just to forget
Maybe I shouldn't know yet
Maybe I'm just being coy
Maybe I'm not the person I think
Maybe I'm just a scared little boy
Maybe I'm a freak of nature
And maybe I'm just fortune's toy
But I know I could never be a man
Because I'm just a scared little boy
I tried to pray a couple times
And always got the same reply
"If it's guidance that you seek,
You're really talking to the wrong guy"
So I built myself a new face
And tried to use it as my own
But it couldn't tell who I was
So it cut and ran for home
Ran and left me all alone,
Wondering when I could go home
And fall asleep just to forget
Fall asleep just to forget
Maybe I shouldn't know yet
Maybe I'm just being coy
Maybe I'm not the person I think
Maybe I'm just a scared little boy
Maybe I'm a freak of nature
And maybe I'm just fortune's toy
But I know I could never be a man
Because I'm just a scared little boy
My wrists are yet devoid of blood
But sometimes I wonder why
It seems so swift to stop it all
And never again have to cry
My face is yet devoid of beard
So I've nothing left to hide behind
Every shield is gone away
And every morning you can find
Me all alone,
Wondering when I can go home
And fall asleep just to forget
Fall asleep just to forget
Maybe I shouldn't know yet
Maybe I'm just being coy
Maybe I'm not the person I think
Maybe I'm just a scared little boy
Maybe I'm a freak of nature
And maybe I'm just fortune's toy
But I know I could never be a man
Because I'm just a scared little boy
Same old daily questions
And all the same uncertainty
Maybe it would be so easy
To be anyone but me
I would kill just to be free
Forget it all and walk away
Instead of lying awake each night
Dreading the approach of day
I know I'll never be a man
Just a stammering decoy
Even if I do all that I can
I'll still be just a scared little boy
I've walked a lot of roads
These last few years I've been around
And I wrote a lot of songs
About when it all came tumbling down
I swaggered through another day
And fooled another callous eye
Knowing every step I took was another death I'd die
When it got dark, and I was left alone
Wondering when I could go home
And fall asleep just to forget
Fall asleep just to forget
Maybe I shouldn't know yet
Maybe I'm just being coy
Maybe I'm not the person I think
Maybe I'm just a scared little boy
Maybe I'm a freak of nature
And maybe I'm just fortune's toy
But I know I could never be a man
Because I'm just a scared little boy
I tried to pray a couple times
And always got the same reply
"If it's guidance that you seek,
You're really talking to the wrong guy"
So I built myself a new face
And tried to use it as my own
But it couldn't tell who I was
So it cut and ran for home
Ran and left me all alone,
Wondering when I could go home
And fall asleep just to forget
Fall asleep just to forget
Maybe I shouldn't know yet
Maybe I'm just being coy
Maybe I'm not the person I think
Maybe I'm just a scared little boy
Maybe I'm a freak of nature
And maybe I'm just fortune's toy
But I know I could never be a man
Because I'm just a scared little boy
My wrists are yet devoid of blood
But sometimes I wonder why
It seems so swift to stop it all
And never again have to cry
My face is yet devoid of beard
So I've nothing left to hide behind
Every shield is gone away
And every morning you can find
Me all alone,
Wondering when I can go home
And fall asleep just to forget
Fall asleep just to forget
Maybe I shouldn't know yet
Maybe I'm just being coy
Maybe I'm not the person I think
Maybe I'm just a scared little boy
Maybe I'm a freak of nature
And maybe I'm just fortune's toy
But I know I could never be a man
Because I'm just a scared little boy
Same old daily questions
And all the same uncertainty
Maybe it would be so easy
To be anyone but me
I would kill just to be free
Forget it all and walk away
Instead of lying awake each night
Dreading the approach of day
I know I'll never be a man
Just a stammering decoy
Even if I do all that I can
I'll still be just a scared little boy


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home