Droppped It
I let you hold my heart in your hands
It sat still, almost placid
Content to repose on your palm
And then you dropped it.
And then you dropped it.
I took it out very carefully
Untangling all my veins and draping them across your fingers
Not allowing it to pulse too fiercely
And then you dropped it.
And then you dropped it.
It was quite tame
And merely sat and smiled
Sanguine and trusting
And then you dropped it.
And then you dropped it.
I let you hold my heart in your hands
And then you dropped it.
It sat still, almost placid
Content to repose on your palm
And then you dropped it.
And then you dropped it.
I took it out very carefully
Untangling all my veins and draping them across your fingers
Not allowing it to pulse too fiercely
And then you dropped it.
And then you dropped it.
It was quite tame
And merely sat and smiled
Sanguine and trusting
And then you dropped it.
And then you dropped it.
I let you hold my heart in your hands
And then you dropped it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home