Moment On The Park Street Bridge
Moment On The Park Street Bridge
I stand on the bridge
Swaying over the inky expanse of water
Striped with swathes and fragments of lightÂ
From the cars over the bridge
And the streetlights beside them
And the indifferent starsÂ
My face does not reflect
For it is too dark and I am too far away
I grow tense with cold and anxiety
I am seized with a sudden urge to fling myself
Over the edge into the inexorable cool sable
Of the channel that glides eternal under the iron beneath my feet
And to sink, perchance to dream
Beneath the salty nether night of the icy tides
As they wash the flesh from my ivory bones
And fill me with pure watery ebony...
But the impulse jumps first, leaving me still standing on the bridge
Until I wander home again


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home