The Library
I will write my mind
Into the papery regimented arms
Of Noah Webster.
I will pour the oils of my skin
Into lamps for your tables
So I can light your insides
Like hot coffee or an orgasm.
I will build my bones
Into the framework of your shelves
So that others can drape themselves across me
Like I used to do to you.
I will darken your heavy desks with my blood
So that they will be distinguished
And seem vaguely human.
And I will leave my ashes on your stairs
So that you will not forget me.
Into the papery regimented arms
Of Noah Webster.
I will pour the oils of my skin
Into lamps for your tables
So I can light your insides
Like hot coffee or an orgasm.
I will build my bones
Into the framework of your shelves
So that others can drape themselves across me
Like I used to do to you.
I will darken your heavy desks with my blood
So that they will be distinguished
And seem vaguely human.
And I will leave my ashes on your stairs
So that you will not forget me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home