Pulse
Pulse
Feeling your heartbeat
Watching your chest heave
Riveted here
By feelings I can't explain
Watching you across the room
I need to forget you
But in my twisted paradigm
You are unreachable
A fallen angel
All the farther for your fall
All the farther from me
All the farther for my fumblings to reach you
How am I supposed to know what to do?
Who am I supposed to ask?
Who am I supposed to trust?
You won't even speak to me anymore
Not that I'm surprised
I half expected you to slap me
But could you at least have gotten angry
If you're going to be the ever unreachable
Gorgeous fallen angel
Feeling your heartbeat
Watching your chest heave
Riveted here
By feelings I can't explain
Watching you across the room
I need to forget you
But in my twisted paradigm
You are unreachable
A fallen angel
All the farther for your fall
All the farther from me
All the farther for my fumblings to reach you
How am I supposed to know what to do?
Who am I supposed to ask?
Who am I supposed to trust?
You won't even speak to me anymore
Not that I'm surprised
I half expected you to slap me
But could you at least have gotten angry
If you're going to be the ever unreachable
Gorgeous fallen angel


2 Comments:
Gods, this brings back memories of my ultra-psychotic teen-age years. Your insight and skills with the pen will never cease blowing me out of the water.
Thanks. I still am an ultra-psycotic teenager, so that might have something to do with it.
Post a Comment
<< Home