Not A Love Song
Not A Love Song
Angel, you're an angel, alone and unsure
Angel, you're an angel, gasping on the floor
Profane and divine, in my putrid arms
Smoke-stained and draped in decadent charms
Angel, you're an angel, walking out the door
Angel, you're an angel, stinging to the core
Attired in darkness you walk the night
And tawdry demons surrender without a fight
This is not a love song
I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
I cannot sleep when day is done
This is not a love song
I cannot heal the broken ones
I cannot wish the pain undone
This is not a love song
Angel, you're an angel, decrepit and torn
Angel, you're an angel, flesh battered and worn
Slinking through tunnels and veins
Causing terrible pleasure and rapturous pains
Angel, you're an angel, clinging on through the storm
Angel, you're an angel, eyes like fire, but not warm
Searing many hearts you burn unending
Into sorrows sharp and never ending
This is not a love song
I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
I cannot sleep when day is done
This is not a love song
I cannot heal the broken ones
I cannot wish the pain undone
This is not a love song
Angel, you're an angel, rotting and fair
Angel, you're an angel, eyes sunk with despair
From every shattered heart you've seen
Every dream you dared to dream
Angel, you're an angel, voice cracking in pain
Angel, you're an angel, wings soaked in the rain
Alabaster faces leave you stranded
With every heat soaked night, you're branded
This is not a love song
I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
I cannot sleep when day is done
This is not a love song
I cannot heal the broken ones
I cannot wish the pain undone
This is not a love song
Angel, you're an angel, soaked in your sin
Angel, you're an angel, heart burns from within
Scorching all who dare to love you
Slinking under the beasts above you
Angel, you're an angel, mounted on crucifix
Angel, you're an angel, hanging on for one last fix
Shuddering 'neath snow white hands
Choking you with invisible strands
This is not a love song
I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
I cannot sleep when day is done
This is not a love song
I cannot heal the broken ones
I cannot wish the pain undone
This is not a love song
Angel, my angel, I can't write you a love song
Angel, my angel, I can't fool myself for very long
I can't let myself sink into you
I can't go beyond the milky hue
Angel, my angel, I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
Angel, my angel, I cannot see the set of sun
Angel, I can't afford to be wrong
Because this is not a love song
Angel, you're an angel, alone and unsure
Angel, you're an angel, gasping on the floor
Profane and divine, in my putrid arms
Smoke-stained and draped in decadent charms
Angel, you're an angel, walking out the door
Angel, you're an angel, stinging to the core
Attired in darkness you walk the night
And tawdry demons surrender without a fight
This is not a love song
I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
I cannot sleep when day is done
This is not a love song
I cannot heal the broken ones
I cannot wish the pain undone
This is not a love song
Angel, you're an angel, decrepit and torn
Angel, you're an angel, flesh battered and worn
Slinking through tunnels and veins
Causing terrible pleasure and rapturous pains
Angel, you're an angel, clinging on through the storm
Angel, you're an angel, eyes like fire, but not warm
Searing many hearts you burn unending
Into sorrows sharp and never ending
This is not a love song
I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
I cannot sleep when day is done
This is not a love song
I cannot heal the broken ones
I cannot wish the pain undone
This is not a love song
Angel, you're an angel, rotting and fair
Angel, you're an angel, eyes sunk with despair
From every shattered heart you've seen
Every dream you dared to dream
Angel, you're an angel, voice cracking in pain
Angel, you're an angel, wings soaked in the rain
Alabaster faces leave you stranded
With every heat soaked night, you're branded
This is not a love song
I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
I cannot sleep when day is done
This is not a love song
I cannot heal the broken ones
I cannot wish the pain undone
This is not a love song
Angel, you're an angel, soaked in your sin
Angel, you're an angel, heart burns from within
Scorching all who dare to love you
Slinking under the beasts above you
Angel, you're an angel, mounted on crucifix
Angel, you're an angel, hanging on for one last fix
Shuddering 'neath snow white hands
Choking you with invisible strands
This is not a love song
I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
I cannot sleep when day is done
This is not a love song
I cannot heal the broken ones
I cannot wish the pain undone
This is not a love song
Angel, my angel, I can't write you a love song
Angel, my angel, I can't fool myself for very long
I can't let myself sink into you
I can't go beyond the milky hue
Angel, my angel, I cannot sing in my mother's tongue
Angel, my angel, I cannot see the set of sun
Angel, I can't afford to be wrong
Because this is not a love song


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home