"The Madonna As Patti Smith"
Oh Mother, whose sins did I die for?
Was it the drunkards or the leeches,
Or the rock and roll messiahs you replaced me with?
Oh Mother whose sins did I die for?
Was it Rimbaud or Verlaine
Or maybe Sid Vicious?
Maybe they belonged to someone you tempted
Or someone who corrupted you
Or maybe the people you loved and lost and threw things at.
But they weren't yours.
You told me so.
Was it the drunkards or the leeches,
Or the rock and roll messiahs you replaced me with?
Oh Mother whose sins did I die for?
Was it Rimbaud or Verlaine
Or maybe Sid Vicious?
Maybe they belonged to someone you tempted
Or someone who corrupted you
Or maybe the people you loved and lost and threw things at.
But they weren't yours.
You told me so.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home