Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Nails In My Soul

The Nails In My Soul

Walked through this graveyard so many times
And now the nails in my soul are showing through
I know the epitaphs and rhymes
The nails in my soul are showing through

But as often as I've walked here something's wrong
For you can see the nails in my soul
I've danced among the tombstones for so long
The nails in my soul are coming through

Once I came to see a mausoleum
Before the nails in my soul were coming through
Met some dead folks went to see 'em
But now the nails in my soul are showing through

I love some of the dead people I've met
But the nails in my soul are showing through
They always seem so peaceful and yet
They know the nails in my soul are coming through

I'd love to love you but until
I have hid the nails in my soul
I take refuge with my dead family still
The nails in my soul are showing through

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home