Monday, May 08, 2006

As The Stream Went By

As The Stream Went By

We walked down to the river
My true love and I
And we stood there by the water
As the stream went by
O, as the stream went by

I said to that fair maiden
My love now you must die
I pushed her in the water
As the stream went by
O, as the stream went by

She begged me not to do it
But with many a tear from my eye
I threw her in the river
As the stream went by
O, as the stream went by

I cast her to the river
And heard her mournful cry
I drowned her in that river
As the stream went by
O, as the stream went by

I stood there for a moment
Awiping my tearful eye
For I had killed my one true love
As the stream went by
O, as the stream went by

We came back to the river
My new love and I
I thought to do the same to her
As the stream went by
O, as the stream went by

I said to her 'you pretty girl
With a wand'ring eye
Now I mean to drown you
As the stream goes by
O, as the stream goes by'

She let out a scream
And she wasn't gonna die
She threw me in the river
As the stream went by
O, as the stream went by

I grabbed for the banks
Within the river high
But I couldn't reach them
As the stream went by
O, as the stream went by

I sank to the bottom
Where fishes ate my eyes
And I heard my first love laughing
As the stream went by
O, as the stream went by

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home