Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bleeding Into You

Bleeding Into You

I cut my fingers on your heartstrings
When you bid me play for you
A song of love and tragedy
A sweet and painful melody
A song of pleasures few

I let the droplets fall unhindered
Upon your ebon hands of night
Grasping out to all of me
With their quiet melody
Shutting out all that is light

Your fingers too are bleeding
Drops of sorrow, drops of love
Dripping over all I see
Strange and sweet, their melody
Sliding over stars above

Our hands entwine in a sanguine knot
Yours so dark, mine glistering white
The blood upon them both makes three
The chorus of our melody
Playing softly to the night

I cut my fingers on your heartstrings
When you let me into you
Into all that you could be
Your own silent melody
That you would play for precious few

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home