Friday, December 23, 2005

Eurydice

You remember so well
The time when you lost me
Thought I was gone forever
Thought I was gone and never
Coming back

You remember so well
The time when fate tossed me
Through the mires of of the Styx
Like in bad romance flicks
Cut your wrists and fade to black

Calling out to me
Eurydice. Eurydice
And who
Echoed your call back to you?
Eurydice, Eurydice

You remember so well
When the tempest tossed me
Through the fires of hell
And the sulphurous smell
Of the flames and black

You remember so well
When Hades released me
To come back with you
Just so long as you
Don't look back

Looking back at me
Eurydice, Eurydice
And who
Went back to Hades for you
Eurydice, Eurydice

Don't look back to me
Eurydice, Eurydice
And who
Waits in the pit there for you
Eurydice, Eurydice

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A modern classic, is all I can say. Beautiful. You sure you're not the reincarnation of Vergil Maro?

If you read about him, I'm sure he'll hook you as badly as he hooked me. Alexis, of the Buccolics, is one of the best pieces I ever read.

http://www.abraxaspress.co.uk/T_lat_vir.htm

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home