Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Ship Song

The Ship Song

When I was a lass I married a lad
Who sailed the boundles waves
I let him go to sea, to sea
And so to a watery grave

He bid me farewell with tears in his eyes
As he boarded his ship from the shore
He sailed away to sea, to sea
And I never saw him no more

His ship it sailed for a year and a day
Until at last they came to shore
The captain said 'your husband's drowned
miles from any shore'

I wept and screamed for my lost lad
Drowned beneath the sea
I roared to the boundless waves
'Return my love to me!'

I dove within the salty brine
My one true love to see
And now we sleep forever more
Beneath the raging sea

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome old world sea chanty type lyrics. Ya sound like you're having a gender identity crisis, though. . .dude!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Heh-heh-heh. To paraphrase Lucifer:

"I am a man when nessecary, and a woman when I desire"

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home