Fever's Dream
Fever's Dream
There are shining fires
In the trees
The dog howls
At a computerized moon
When the fires go out
The sacrifice escapes
Running into a Gothic
Maiden's arms
She speaks a flowing torrent
Of words
Trite and vapid poetry
That is still beautiful to my lovesick ears
A response is attempted
Until she becomes two other people
One is a movie extra
From a favourite cult musical
The other a lingering grade school flame
They draw near
Hands on each other's shoulders
Until conciousness returns
and I stare up at the dim white
Plaster sky above my scattered wits
Realizing that I am
Real
There are shining fires
In the trees
The dog howls
At a computerized moon
When the fires go out
The sacrifice escapes
Running into a Gothic
Maiden's arms
She speaks a flowing torrent
Of words
Trite and vapid poetry
That is still beautiful to my lovesick ears
A response is attempted
Until she becomes two other people
One is a movie extra
From a favourite cult musical
The other a lingering grade school flame
They draw near
Hands on each other's shoulders
Until conciousness returns
and I stare up at the dim white
Plaster sky above my scattered wits
Realizing that I am
Real


1 Comments:
I wish I could dream forever. It beats this world, but I read dreams are real. as well. We all walk different worlds, and so we don't all destroy ourselves, the Otherworlds are occulted from our direct memories; for if we only knew, we might find this completely intolerable, as opposed to 99.9% intolerable.
For those of us who can see the rest of the world is living for the wrong reasons, and fucking everything up, that is.
Post a Comment
<< Home